This last Sunday, for the primary lesson: "I Have Talents", Dallin played his trombone for the kids we teach and let them have turns blowing on it and on his mouth pieces. They loved it. We had a bag full of various items they could use to show a talent and one was our camera. These pictures showcase some of the kids' photography skills. (I put them on this blog mostly because this is the only picture of me taken recently with our camera. And because how often do you get to take a picture at church?)


If Ev were to pick out his outfit everyday, it might look something like this. He has wanted to wear his ties a lot of late. But not so much the pants.
He has the tie on his "baby" in the second picture. Ever since I told him there is a baby in my belly, he has called all bellies babies. We're working on that concept. He's sitting on a cardboard box that I drug him around the floor on. Sometimes it is super cheap to entertain this kid.
He has finally started taking a bigger interest in stuffed animals, and in pretend play with them. That elephant is the perfect size for a snuggle. Here he is giving a quick squeeze to Totoro and pushing around his U of Oregon duck. He likes to help me invert the duck into a ball and back into a duck, over and over. I get confused sometimes because it sounds like he is saying "cat" when he says duck.
Everett figured that since our DVD player needs fixed before it will work again, he might as well use it to drive his cars on. He drives them on everything.
I took a nice walk with Whitney and Joanne this week, around the neighborhood. We talked about aspects we like about different homes, so I took a picture of this cool archway in the bottom part of one house we passed.
Dallin started school up again and now gets to also go to his practicum at Franklin Elementary under the school psychologist there. He is loving his practicum and is happy to be back in school and feel more purposeful. The school psych is full of praise for Dallin and they are getting along really well. Dallin likes to just get in and do it, so he has already administered an evaluation and scored it, and made observation reports, etc.
I now babysit the girl I watch from 8 to 12, four days a week. I think overall I like the schedule change better because I feel like I have more time the rest of the day to accomplish things, though she is much less likely to nap.






No comments:
Post a Comment