Friday, October 17, 2014

Face Bonk, Autumn, Pumpkin Party!, Animals cont.

Nine days ago, Everett fell off of a couple steps, hitting the concrete with his face. He has been acting like his normal happy self., so we think he escaped a concussion. The bruises down the sides of his nose bridge came a few days later and are still slowly fading. These first pictures show you the early stages and you can see the bruising in later pictures and videos. I've had a couple of people think he is wearing Halloween makeup. And yes, he does look a bit like a zombie sometimes. 
This kid lives on the edge. Also this week, he bit into a raw egg and sucked some out. He didn't want me to take it away from him, so I guess he liked it. But again, he's been acting normal, so I don't think he got salmonella.
A few hours after


 Major forehead swelling. Makes him look like Greyback from Harry Potter, or some Star Trek character.                                                                           Beginning to bruise

 We stopped in and visited with Grandpa while Grandma and Julie were in San Jose. Everett sneaked into the chair Julie normally sits in. He also managed to bonk his face again falling forward off of a toy truck. He thought he could ride it like his tractor at home.
 This is the tree in front of Julie's house, Gorgeous!

Everett and I went on a lovely walk with Devon and Whitney. It is so beautiful outside. Autumn is my favorite season. I don't even care that it has been a bit cold and rainy the last couple of days.
And who did we run into on our walk? One of Everett's favorite people- Kira! We stopped in and saw her, Kristi, and Ben. 

Everett got very excited when he discovered the pumpkins I brought home in preparation for our pumpkin party. I love the way he says "pumpkin".

We painted/carved pumpkins and ate pumpkin bars and pumpkin rolls. Twas fun.


 Everett managed to stay pretty clean. The only part of his face that is painted is the speck of blue on his chin.
 
 I did my pumpkin as "night" and Dallin's is "day". Everett painted his three pumpkins, plus lots of Dallin's. Ev likes to look out at our pumpkins and say, "moon, star, sun, pumpkin".

With so many pumpkins around, and from eating oranges, Everett has learned the color orange better than the other colors.

Everett continues to interact more and more with his stuffed animals. He has them walk by him, or sit next to him, puts them on the changing table for a diaper change, etc.

Putting on a show for his friend.
 

Having his puppy lift the flaps in his book, and clap.

Having his puppy sing "wheels on the bus" with hand motions. Bear joining Ev in the high chair. He takes turns taking bites and feeding bites to his animals.

It is hard to catch Ev's silliness on camera, but here's a bit. The beginning of this video also shows a bit of  his increased bathroom communication. We are currently thinking we'll wait until after baby and after holiday season, when we're in more of a routine, to fully potty train him. We'll see.

In recent conversations, I've just had to assume that people are referring to the fact that I am pregnant, though they just start conversations in vague ways.
Euphemisms for "When is your baby due?" I have been asked by residents at my work:

When will you be blessed?
When's the happy/big day?
When are you going to stop/ be done?
How much longer?
When is this all going to go down?

Too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment