bearing gifts* we travel by car
fields, baby poutin', salt flats, mountain
going to Utah far
The last week of April we jam-packed as many activities as we could into a few days in Utah.
Day 1: I hung out with friends. My roommates from freshman year and I at the BYU Creamery to celebrate their completion of the semester. I had been craving the creamery's Graham Canyon ice cream so much that I had attempted making my own. I even found a recipe for making 400 gallons of it here. That evening my roommate Rachel (pictured holding Everett) opened her mission call to Paraguay. Marina (across from Rachel) is going to Thailand and Emily (stripes) is going to Tokyo.


Meanwhile Dallin helped Andrew prepare for the next day...
Day 2: Andrew's wedding! Andrew and Heather looked so happy. I couldn't stop smiling through the whole ceremony. These pictures are from when we put Uncle Michael on baby-duty so we could head into the Salt Lake temple. (notice cousin Ryan who left to the Louisiana Baton Rouge Mission soon after) We also got to see Eric who is on a Family History Mission in Salt Lake. I even snuck a hug because he is my cousin after all. We had a yummy luncheon after and a family dinner gathering that night. It was wonderful to spend time with so many family members. Even Caleb Jung who is best friends with Andrew and Adam and one of my "brothers" was there.
Day 3
Brandon graduated from BYU's Business Administration graduate program with a marketing emphasis. Congrats smarty pants!
Day 4
We had a family reunion of my mom and her siblings and their kids. I especially enjoyed seeing my aunt, uncle, and cousins from NY. Leslie and I were the best bocce ball team this side of the Mississippi. Those bocce balls didn't know what hit them.
I helped my mom and Calista throw Susan's *baby shower. Jacob and her are expecting a baby boy due tomorrow June 4th (Everett' first boy cousin on my side of the family!) I was in charge of getting a couple of games together for it. The first was for people to identify and label ultrasound pictures with what body part was shown in each one. The second was a race with partners simultaneously feeding each other applesauce with baby spoons. My Aunt Amy and Grandma Lowe won that one. Susan and Leslie were laughing too much to win.
FYI: My brother Michael has his mission papers in! Super excited for him!
You need to add more posts. I miss your little guy! (This is Shannon, if you can't tell)
ReplyDelete