Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father's, cousins (& a new one!), laughing, friends

A:

5 a.m. up and at it
By 6, Everett has had it
Back to bed, Mom's in heaven
Maybe he'll sleep 'til 7
Daddy doesn't hear a peep
It's Father's Day, he gets to sleep

For the record: he slept 'til 8:30 after going back to bed, but he sure thought it was time to play at 5. I had a wonderful Father's Day and I hope all of the fathers did as well.
I love my dad. I love that I got to see him way more often than a lot of kids get to see their dads growing up. He is so supportive, hardworking, and loving. I am grateful for the sacrifices he makes. I have learned a lot from him about how to work, serving others, serving the Lord, putting in an honest effort, prioritizing, being brave, having a sense of humor, etc. I can see that he loves my mom and he loves the Lord. I want to be more like him. I inherited his adventurous spirit, which has gotten each of us into trouble at times, but makes life more fun. (Not like bad trouble just going-exploring-in-places-that-the-security-guards-discover-you-in-and-tell-you-you-can't-be-in trouble) When I went to college his jokes became a lot more funny to me. Oh dad jokes. I think my dad is the king of dad jokes.

Dallin is already a great dad. He loves to take Everett during church. He says that I get him the rest of the week and so that's his reserved turn. One of my favorite things to watch is Dallin and Everett playing. Like in this video.

We had a Father's Day dinner at my grandparents after church. I love Perazzo family dinners. The piano-playing, singing, birthday singing, games of Wacky 6, Pinochle, Cranium, etc. visiting, joking, togetherness, eating. Did I mention we had ribs? Men and their ribs. Click on the link for a touching fathers-day-video.


Everett and Elise had another epic battle three nights ago.
He started it and she ended it. What I didn't catch on film went about like this: He was reaching out and hitting at her as she looked at him like, "Can I help you?" At one point he brought her down to the ground with him. My favorite part: she turned his face toward her and kissed him right on the lips! She then put her hands over her mouth and giggled.
Most of the video footage is of her attacking him.

My first Perazzo nephew was born on June 10th to my brother Jacob and his amazing wife Susan.
Owen David Perazzo came in at 8 lbs 5 oz and 21 inches long. I think he looks like Everett in the first picture and it is not just the fact that they have the same bath towel. I got to see him wide awake on skype and I get to meet him in person this weekend!
Photo: Our little ducky after his first bath out of the hospital!


This next clip is of Everett laughing. The cutest part starts at 0:36. He thought everything I did was hilarious for over two minutes straight.


About a month ago I had a wonderful time catching up with my friend Virginia and meeting her husband Jonathan and baby Ryker. I am grateful for my friendships and the joy they bring me. I got to feed Ryker his bottle. I haven't fed a baby a bottle in a long time so that was precious. Speaking of precious, have I mentioned how adorable my new nephew is?


No comments:

Post a Comment