Sunday, May 12, 2019

February trip to San Jose, Easter, parks, Ev school events, Adeline preschool, etc.

Kid Quotes:
Everett
(After I told him no) "Stop being mean to us, Mommy. We’re going to get a real magic wand and turn you into a cat and then we’re going to spray water at you."

(At about 4 am) "When I close my eyes I have a bad thought that I don't like at all. .....Dying. In my dream there was a magic flower that made people die. I haven't sleeped yet."

"Mommy, do you know how tired I am? 1000 tired."

Ev- I don't know why I'm always scared to do things
Me- like what?
E- brush my teeth and eat

Peter
"I don't want to wear a diaper. I want to wear a underwear like Adeline and Everett" (so I put underwear on him) "I don't want to wear underwear. I want to wear a diaper."

(looking at an alphabet book) P is for umbrella, P is for whale, P is for zebra.
Later: P is for Mommy, P is for Daddy, P is for Adeline

Adeline (playing restaurant):
"Peter, do you want eato wheato)"
P: yes
A: okay, well, eato wheato is spicy, so you'd better get it with milk.
 
I suggested to Everett that he could write a poem for teacher appreciation week and said that the easiest poems rhyme so he wrote "You look like a mole in a hole." I didn't have him give it to her.

Abram
Abram stayed standing for a few seconds without holding onto anything for the first time on 4/28, but hasn't really done it since.

 
At first while learning to be spoon-fed he always tried to take the spoon and we would give him his own. Now he is much better about opening up like a baby bird and not grabbing for the spoon so much.
 

The kids took turns being sick at the beginning of March

 



 



Peter
Peter, "patiently" waiting for his mom to be done doing paperwork



picture by Peter

Peter changing his baby dolls diaper (while wearing a Bell costume)

Peter playing at a friends house


Adeline 


Adeline's "writing" and pictures
cow





Adeline's hairdo she did herself. She's been a little bit too much into beautifying herself, leading to her giving herself a haircut for the third time. Gratefully it was still mostly in the bang area.
 
collage made from BYU alumni magazines
  


Adeline at preschool

 








 

Adeline got a loom for Christmas and she and Everett have worked on what will end up being a bag (yarn colors picked by Adeline).


Everett
  
Everett has written a lot of stories and notes at home recently.
He cut out the school photo orders picture of himself and put it at the back of one of his stories to be the picture of the author. (I didn't put a picture of that because I think it might be against the law to take a picture of the picture on the order form.)
 










Everett got really into General Conference bingo, paying attention to the speakers and listening for the words on his sheets
 
Peter and Jesus walking on water
from school
 


Kids at home

Some friends from our ward generously gave us an awesome doll house set for Christmas and the kids have had some great times with it.

 


 



Now that we've had our library cards for 6 months, we can borrow games and other cool things, like a noodle maker and snap circuit set.
 
helping make noodles
 

 

 




  















Playing close to our house




We were pleasantly surprised when these red lilies bloomed in front and to the side of our house. Sadly the kids picked most of them before we had much time to enjoy them.

Adventures out and about 
(not in perfect chronological order)

At Chick- Fil- A

McCrimmon Park

Lakeside Park (duck pond)

Pioneer Park


Larry Drewery Memorial Park


Pecan Park

Banita Creek Park

 

park in Chireno
 

Maroney Park 


walking trail by Maroney Park with friends

Music class

February Break in San Jose
 
  

Monterrey Bay Aquarium





  

Houston Temple trip

We swapped babysitting and took our turn watching the kids at a nearby mall


Scavenger hunt at the library

Kickoff event at Everett's school


Playing at some friends' house

playing in wildflowers kind of close to Everett's school
 

Play-date

Art projects at the library

Open Gymnastics


Story Hike at Demonstration Garden
The librarian gave each kid an iPad to take pictures of nature with. I love how excitedly Adeline is taking a picture of the table in this picture.




Earth Day event at Banita Creek Park

Music on the Trail
We walked along a section of Lanana Creek trail, serenaded by successive musicians. We were lightly dripped on in the first leg, and got soaked on our return trip. My glasses fogged up and the puddles turned to brooks. I had Abram in a front pack and ended up carrying Peter when he got too sad during the downpour. A man came alongside me and said, "You've got your hands full." And I said, "There are two more up ahead! I hope they are okay." Everett and Adeline somehow managed to make it back to the car without getting covered in mud.
 
 

Gayla Mize Garden (Azalea garden)
I let the kids take turns picking which way to go at each fork in the road

Peter was a fan of all the benches



Near SFA Children's Garden and some of Mast Arboretum
 
Everett "protecting Peter from ants"

notice the "pine straw" used as mulch

Science Night at Everett's school
A faculty member at Everett's school took lots of pictures of our family during this event.




Easter
Alicia- My mom came to visit and helped make the Spring/Easter season extra special
Ward Easter Egg hunt




Dyeing Eggs
the kids started eating them soon after dyeing them


Easter Road to Resurrection event at a church in Lufkin






Family Photos






Random snippets about life in Nacogdoches
common phrases:
ya'll
fixin' to go (or as I heard one little girl say it - fishin to go)

New lingo: 
lunch kit
pops (spank, paddle)
pine straw
fault (I'm not sure what it means, the lady said it in a way that I thought meant a telemarketer)

Storms
Spring means heavy thunderstorms and possible tornadoes, hail, and flooding.
I now know more what the phrase "rolling thunder" means. Sometimes the rumbling will seem to persist all afternoon. The first time Dallin and I heard it we couldn't figure out what it was. I thought at first that our neighbor was pulling their garbage can back to their house.
I now know the difference between tornado watch and warning; we've had both.

Here's a picture of work trucks as workers put up a new power pole across the street, and some chicken Dallin grilled on our litte bbq when we had no electricity one evening.

snail and slugs on porch after a storm
There are several antique shops and this one sometimes has people playing instruments, like banjos, out front.

Greenery

wild flowers bloom alongside many of the roads

and in fields



Some of the grass even has tiny wildflowers in it

lots of the roads look like this

Most of the loop roads have walls of trees like this

More spring

No comments:

Post a Comment