Sunday, May 28, 2017

Easter, Spring Break in San Jose, lots of videos

Watching General Conference with Grandpa

Primary Easter egg hunt


 

Dyeing eggs

Sierra Safari Zoo in Reno

Less than a minute after I took the picture of the peacock, he terrified Adeline by jumping down right in front of her

Spring Break in San Jose




You know how we took pictures of our older two kids in this outfit? Well, we tried with Peter in San Jose where it was warmer to do so, but the outfit was tight on him, and he didn't want to sit still or let go of this toy hot dog. Hot dogs are an integral part of the baseball experience though right?

Children's Discovery Museum with Haley and C.






Feeling like big kids riding the light-rail

Visit from Gramma



Cousins!


 
 

Little family Outings




 Attempting to teach the kids kickball

The kids found a wheel at the skate park and love to watch it roll up and down the obstacles.
Exploring in the discovery room at the museum

Joining a school tour of the dairy.
Everett wanted to wear a blanket cape.

ice cream sandwiches and on the hayride
 

Kent's Supply Center in Fallon is the oldest retailer in Nevada; and as part of their 125th anniversary, we enjoyed a horse-drawn wagon ride, and Everett crafted a wooden model truck and played in the bouncy house.



crusty/goopy-eyed Peter during his turn having a cold

Kid Capers

 She insisted on each piece of this ensemble
 

Peter's greatest satisfaction in life comes from taking books off of the shelf.

Everett frequently wants to make "recipes". One morning, he came downstairs before the rest of us, emptied most of a gallon of milk into a pot and added snap peas, crackers, and who-knows-what-else to it. We're trying to channel him in the right direction and save our food from being wasted, by laying down a few rules and giving him plenty of opportunities to cook, bake, and mix more palatable creations.

Pulverizing a preschool-procured pinata

The kids get in hat-wearing moods

Adeline's recent hobby of singing in laundry baskets

The weird video filters are to keep Adeline a bit more modest. 

the saga continues


"Forts"


He's a bananabber. He'll peel one right out of your fingers. 



One day Peter climbed up 7 steps while I was taking care of Adeline upstairs. He's only gone up one or two since then.




I started filming because he kept smiling at me. I learned the reason why a little after 30 seconds. (that sounds really click-baity)





We watched Hello Dolly as a family and the kids danced during most of the dance numbers
 

Random notes about the kids:
  Everett recently finished his first year of preschool. His end of the year answer to what he wants to be when he grows up is "a worker with lots of legs". (We think he's referring to a construction worker because shortly after he said, "builder".) 
He was awarded the "great artist award" in preschool because he tends to color pictures all the way in and get elaborate with his drawings.  
For Mother's Day he completed sentences of fun facts about mom and said my favorite thing to do is "clean the house", the one thing he hears me say a lot is, "It's time for dinner." Others: I love it when my mom, "go the way I want to go, driving to preschool." I think my mom is funny because "she plays hide and seek." I know my mom loves me because, "she plays with markers with me." I love my mom because, "I like her." 
For his end of preschool show, he didn't want to participate in front of the parents. I later heard him singing the songs at home.  
After attending Brinley's dance show, he said he'd like to be on a dance team.
We go to story time at the library almost every week and Adeline will join in with the actions and sing the songs, while Everett prefers to quietly sit right next to me.
   Adeline has a sixth sense to know when anyone is eating something and immediately asks about it.
While sick, Adeline's favorite person is her dad.
   Peter's top right tooth came through a couple of days ago. 
 A few weeks ago we were all rather sick. We thought Peter was the healthiest out of all of us, but when I took him in for his regular checkup, his doctor discovered he had an ear infection. The last few days he and Adeline have had fevers off and on and a couple days ago he took a five hour nap after only being awake for 90 minutes in the morning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment