Friday, May 27, 2016

Visit from Grandma, silliness at home

Visit from Grandma at the end of April

Going on "ventures"


Bowl and Pitcher Area of Riverside State Park


 




Picnic at Manito Park with lunch from Rockwood Bakery

Gaiser Conservatory

Kose Team Challenge Cup, pairs and ice dance competition that my mom took Dallin and I to
We did not take these pictures.
2016 KOSE Team Challenge Cup - Day 2

Stake Roadshow
My mom stayed home with our sleeping kids while Dallin and I went to the stake youth roadshow. It was a helpful week for her to be in town as I was gone a few nights helping the youth in our ward prepare for it. The youth wrote the script and did most everything else and were just managed by the adult leaders. The groups were divvied by the building they met in and were each given a musical to go based on and the theme "Press forward with a steadfastness in Christ". Here's a small clip from our group's performance:

Silliness at home

Sentences Everett has finished with either "when I grow up", or "when I'm a daddy":
I will...
live in a big shoe
say yes when some kids will say "do you want to play with me?"
have a GIANT toe
say that word, what is it? (me: squirrel?) yeah
splash in the pond
grow into a baby and then go back in your tummy
open doors
have hair
make dinner
have cookie butter on my pancakes
still be Everett


I had a conversation with Everett about some alternative behaviors he could do the next time someone does something to him that he doesn't like. After giving him opportunities to talk about a situation that had happened and his feelings and yadda yadda I asked him if he had anything else he wanted to tell me. He replied, "Yeah, here's a booger I took out of my nose."      I think he's got it!


Kiddos after getting into the lotion. This picture does it little justice.
Igor bars Dallin made for Mother's Day












Hanging out with friends


Pictures taken from Julie Marr's facebook 

Julie's back! Yay!

Adeline's health- 
  • Dallin took Adeline to urgent care on Wednesday morning because she was breathing wheezily and somewhat rapidly, coughing, had a runny nose and low fever, had trouble sleeping, and had been super grumpy the last couple of days. After seeing her blood oxygen level was really low they did a chest x-ray and determined that she has pneumonia and bronchiolitis. After a couple days she now accepts her antibiotic and nebulizer treatments with little resistance and is much happier. 
  • At her 18 month checkup she measured in the 60th percentile for height and weight. 
  • She was diagnosed with eczema and so we've got her on a nice cream and ointment-applying routine that has helped a lot.

Alicia- 
  • I'm 33 weeks pregnant. Our baby is the size of a pineapple. Dallin and I like to sit and stare at my belly as the baby moves around and puts a show on for us on the surface of my belly. 
  • My part-time job teaching computers at a senior living facility will end after this week. I've been trying to focus on the pros of this and it might be silly but I'm pretty excited for no more unrestrained comments about my pregnancy from the residents. For example, asking me if I'm having twins or telling me I should stop having kids after this, or really vague euphemistic comments where it takes me until after their done talking for me to realize they were referring to the fact that I'm pregnant. But I guess that's a con too since I won't have as many funny stories to tell Dallin when I get home.
  • Staci cut my hair when she and Joel were in town this last weekend. It was time.

No comments:

Post a Comment