Outings
Picnic at Upper Manito ParkWhen we asked Everett to turn around to look at the camera:
We strolled around our neighborhood for a while and came across this marsh. Everett kept singing the words, "Over, around, and through." I thought he must be a genius to be making up this perfect exploration hiking song. But then I realized the tune and words sounded vaguely familiar. Sure enough, a little internet research later and my mother-in-law would be happy to know it's from The Adventures of Chuck and Friends. He hasn't seen that show since her last visit.
On Labor Day we went to Pig Out in the Park at Riverfront Park as part of a late birthday celebration. We shared an Elk Burger Supreme, Teriyaki chicken kabob with fried rice, and three deep fried Oreos. The latter sounded kind of gross but actually was really yummy. This might be self-explanatory but- It tasted like an Oreo inside of sweet fry bread with powdered sugar. Or like an Oreo inside of a donut. Dallin was angry at the world for never having introduced him to this amazingness before.
There were three stages going with different music groups. We really liked the young lady performing closest to us. She did covers for popular songs and was very talented. We all had a nice time.
We started babysitting our next-door neighbor's boy once or twice a week. He's about 16 months old I think. Everett and Adeline Love having him come over.
On Friday we went to our ward corn feed. I got to visit with a lot of friends and it was great to see family. Everett rolled down the hill with his friends. They pressed apples into cider on-site and there was plenty of corn, sides, and goodies.
Yesterday I snuck away after the kids were down for bed and went to the interstate fair with Kira. I wish I would have had the opportunity to be there longer. It was twice as expansive as I was expecting. My favorite parts were all of the artsy entries and the bunnies. There were some huge bunnies. And Kira insisted on buying me a caramel apple covered in peanuts after I recommended that's how she spend her money on her (minus the peanuts). So sweet, and I'm not just talking about the apple.
Everett Quotes
"All gone." (Yes, he ate all of those before I realized what was going on. Oops.)
"Super Star Wars!"
"Save the day!" (with Adeline's swimsuit on his head)
"I'm the helper of you."

Looking through our Spokane Parks and Recreation catalog, I noticed that Everett is old enough to do a few of the activities. So I asked him which he would rather do out of gymnastics, dance (ballet), soccer, or crafts. His reply? "I gotta dance!" We're not signing him up for anything right now, but now we know his opinion.
One morning I brought a second batch of waffles to the table so Ev said, "Need to say prayer again."
Me: "It's time to put your pants on." Ev: "Here's some pants Mommy." (squats and pulls his shirt over his legs)
(puts Mega Bloks into one long stick)"I made a Star Wars hitting thing." Me: "You made a lightsaber." E: "A heartstaber."
On our walk home from our ward Corn Feed, part of our conversation went something like this:
E: The moon! What's the moon doing? D: What do you think it's doing?
E: It's sleeping. We need to go to the moon. A: How are we going to get to the moon?
E: We need to fly a spaceship to the moon. What's that thing?
A: It's an airplane. E: The airplane's going to the moon? The moon needs to go on the airplane to the airport to go to his house.
When Dallin asks Everett to say the prayer he says, "I need to do it over by myself ... I need help."
And this isn't a quote, but guys, he's practically potty-trained now! These might be tmi:
He made it all day today without getting his underwear wet. He even told his nursery leaders he needed to go. He went poop in the toilet again today after a long hiatus during which he would only poop shortly after we put him in a diaper for sleep. He still wakes up with a saturated diaper, but there's not much we can do about that.
Adeline
She's been a very sick, grumpy, cuddly baby the last couple of days. Her fever got up to 104 tonight, but with advice from my parents we were able to get it down to a low-grade fever before she went to bed.
She can pick up and put away blocks now (sometimes at a faster rate than Everett when he's in a "mood")
Teeth count: 6








No comments:
Post a Comment