A:
I don't know if I'll be able to listen to my audio book while feeding Everett anymore, he turns his head looking for the source of the voices. I'm in the middle of two books, one is a dystopian novel and the other is about a Jewish rabbi. So the other night I had a dream about a Jewish dystopia. There was no bacon!
At first I thought it was silly to kiss Everett at all because he doesn't know what kisses mean and probably thinks they're weird. But now I can't stop myself from stealing one on his cheek every now and then. I make up for the weirdness he might feel from the kisses with hugs. Who doesn't love a hearty squeeze? Which reminds me of a quote, "A hug can turn your day around. . . .
It's like an emotional Heimlich. Someone puts their arms around you and
they give you a squeeze and all your fear and anxiety come shooting out
of your mouth in a big wet wad and you can breath again." (from "Pushing Daisies" the t.v. show)
Sometimes Everett gets really cute at bedtime. His Grampa Marr says that Everett thinks it will keep him from having to go to sleep. I do feel like I miss a chance to see his adorableness when I leave him in his bed to indicate it is time for sleep. I come back a little while later and he's still cooing up a storm.
I've taken a few cute videos of Everett but I haven't figured out how to get them on the blog yet. In the mean time, here are some videos of him from our trip to San Jose for Axel's blessing. Thank you to Shannon, Jeff, and Axel.
Everett boxing with his cousin Axel:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BcP3JqE0pag
Everett coos, fusses a little, yawns, goes cross-eyed, holds hands with Axel
clarification: his shirt has a beard on it, not chest hair
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3occigIi-I0
No comments:
Post a Comment